Keeping a watchful eye over your home’s utility bills can help ensure that you don’t break the bank each month. Here at Air Today Heating & Cooling, we’ve compiled our top tips to reduce energy costs throughout the year:
1. Invest in energy-efficient appliances and lighting. Energy Star certified appliances use up to 30% less energy than standard models, and LED lighting uses up to 85% less electricity than regular bulbs – making them both great investments for those looking to save money in the long run!
2. Replace old filters regularly. Changing out your HVAC system’s filters every three months or so helps increase efficiency by allowing air to flow more freely through ductwork – reducing strain on other components of the unit and helping keep electric bills down!
3. Use ceiling fans when possible. Having an appliance run all year round can add up quickly – but using a ceiling fan is a great alternative when looking to circulate cool or warm air throughout an area without needing much power consumption. Just remember not to leave them on while no one is home since this still adds up over time!
4. Check window seals for leakage. Even just a few drafts can cause drastic changes in temperature within a room – leading to high energy costs due to overworking your HVAC system to balance it out again. Checking for any existing holes or air leaks around windows and door frames can be the difference between staying comfortably inside or getting hit with an expensive bill each month!
5. Shut off lights and appliances when not in use. This may seem like common knowledge, but it’s worth mentioning – turning off any unnecessary electronics that aren’t in use helps reduce overall electricity consumption (especially during peak times) as well as keeps bills down significantly over time!
6. Get your HVAC system serviced regularly. Getting your heating system inspected and serviced1-2 times per year can help you keep it running as efficiently as possible. This will also help you catch any small issues that could turn into bigger, costly ones.
At Air Today Heating & Cooling, we understand how important it is to stay on budget while staying comfortable throughout the year – that’s why we strive to provide quality HVAC service at all times! If you have any further questions about ways you can save money on electricity bills with our HVAC services, don’t hesitate to reach out – we’re always happy to help out however we can!