Keeping your air conditioning functioning properly during Greenville’s hot and humid summers can be a challenge – one of the most common issues facing homeowners is compressor failure, which can lead to expensive repairs or even complete system replacement if not caught in time. Here at Air Today Heating & Cooling we understand the importance of avoiding this kind of problem so here are 8 tips to help keep your AC compressor running smoothly all season long:
1. Regular maintenance: The best way to avoid potential problems with your AC unit is by scheduling regular maintenance and servicing – having professionals check in on your system will ensure any small issues like poor insulation or clogged filters are addressed before they lead to larger repair needs!
2. Check wiring connections: Wiring connections play an important role in the performance of your compressor so make sure all wiring looks secure and in good condition – any loose connections should be addressed quickly as minor shorts can easily become big problems over time.
3. Replace dirty filter regularly: Filters protect the interior components from outside dust and dirt, but if left unclean for too long they can become blocked leading to reduced airflow and eventual compressor breakdowns – check these monthly during peak usage periods and replace as necessary!
4. Clear away debris/obstructions: Any obstructions around the condenser should be cleared away periodically – branches, leaves and other items have a tendency to accumulate over time resulting in poor performance and even complete shut downs if not checked regularly!
5. Monitor refrigerant levels: Refrigerant plays an integral role in keeping temperatures where you want them – make sure you keep tabs on these levels as low refrigerant pressures can reduce cooling efficiency while high ones indicate potential leaks that must be dealt with quickly!
6. Keep lines clean: Drain lines also need attention from time-to-time as dirt particles or algae buildup can block flow leading to serious strain on the system – flush out these lines every 6 months or so using approved cleaners.
7. Make sure safety switches are working properly: Safety switches are responsible for turning off power when there is too much heat or too little coolant pressure– make sure these work correctly by testing them often so you don’t get stuck with major repair costs down the line!
8. Address minor noises immediately: Most compressors will produce some noise under normal operation but anything out of the ordinary should be looked into immediately as it could indicate a more serious issue like overheating – contact professionals like those at Air Today Heating & Cooling for further analysis if needed!
At Air Today Heating & Cooling we understand how stressful it can be when dealing with air conditioner repairs – let us help you keep yours running smoothly all season long without having to worry about unexpected breakdowns! Contact us today for more info about our services and specialized solutions designed specifically for Greenville homeowners.
Interested in learning more about your HVAC system? Check out our most recent article: Top 5 Holiday Energy Saving Tips for Greenville, SC